Re: [PROPOSED] Change package relations policy to remove references to non-free from main
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: [PROPOSED] Change package relations policy to remove references to non-free from main
- From: Manoj Srivastava <email@example.com>
- Date: 02 Dec 1999 13:51:53 -0600
- Message-id: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- In-reply-to: Raul Miller's message of "Wed, 1 Dec 1999 17:29:49 -0500"
- References: <19991129003946.B23998@mors.net> <19991128221429.B8072@debian.org> <19991129105454.B14162@usatoday.com> <19991130081730.A10227@debian.org> <19991130133425.O16162@kitenet.net> <19991130180756.C14799@usatoday.com> <email@example.com> <19991201172949.A8366@usatoday.com>
>>"Raul" == Raul Miller <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
Raul> This isn't about "talking about other packages".
Then it should be. Your raison de etre seems to be that good
users shall find references to non-free software r5epugnant, and
hence one must purge all references from the package structure.
It doesn't matter to you that the users shan't be offered to
install these packages unless they explicitly ask for them.
That seems to me, logically, that these people should be
totally put off by packages talking about non-free software in their
Hell, Suggests are only relevant at install time, and we are
going to make that disapper too, for users, but the documentation is
intheir face all the darned time. You should be way more pissed about
the documentation emntioning the unmentionable software out there!!
So, this is like the untouchables issue in India. I am amused.
Christmas: A day set apart by some as a time for turkey, presents,
cranberry salads, family get-togethers; for others, noted as having
the best response time of the entire year.
Manoj Srivastava <email@example.com> <http://www.debian.org/%7Esrivasta/>
Key C7261095 fingerprint = CB D9 F4 12 68 07 E4 05 CC 2D 27 12 1D F5 E8 6E