Enough already (was Re: Policy about policy)

Look guys, I have a responsibility to see that policy is right.
And so do you.

I understand that a number of you are more than a little hostile towards
the technical committee -- I'm guessing that you don't want some random
group stepping on your work.

But, for the immediate future it doesn't really matter.  I have far more
power in the policy group as an independent developer (whose packages
would be affected by policy changes) than I do as a member of the
technical committee.

But that shouldn't even *matter*.

What should matter is that policy be right.  What should matter is whether
what we're saying is technically valid.

And that's so obvious I shouldn't even have to say it.

--
Raul