Re: non-consensus on debug (-g) policy

On Mon, Sep 06, 1999 at 04:18:27PM -0500, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
>  Ben> the proposal has already been forwarded to
>  Ben> debian-policy. Bringing this up now, after the discussion period
>  Ben> is already over, is somewhat useless.
>
>         On the contrary. I think the proposal should be reverted, and
>  we need to decide on which of the two forms should go into
>  policy. The guidelines (which were not folowed) are not rules that
>  one can hide behind, since reason dictates that a technical
>  objection has been raised, and needs be answered.
>
>         The proposer is supped to keeptrack of the proposal. Yoiu
>  can't suddenly hide behind ``it is too late now'' defence.
>
>         Please revert the proposal to an [AMENDMENT ...] stage.

Ok, this is taking up too much of my time. This was a straight forward
proposal, that saw no justified technical objections. If I have to argue
till I'm out of breath on the whim of anyone who sends an objection, then
this proposal can sit and die.

This reminds me why I never get involved in policy. Too much politics to
let progress through. I'll just go back to developing, if policy decides
I'm no longer important...I'll still keep developing.

Ben