Re: /usr/share/doc (was Re: weekly policy summary)

Hi,
>>"Anthony" == Anthony Towns <aj@azure.humbug.org.au> writes:

 Anthony> FWIW, I don't think forcing all packages to have postinst's
 Anthony> and prerm's for the rest of eternity to be a particularly
 Anthony> good solution either.

        You don't need it for the rest of eternity. We create the
 postinst, prerm now, installing the symlink, Once the move is over,
 we just have a script removing teh symlink. another release,
 (potato+2), we stop bothering, since we would have handled the most
 common case (and provide an upgrade script removing teh symlinks for
 upgrades at that point).

        Yes, this is a long period, but not forever.

 Anthony> If not, is there any reason why we can't just deal with it that way
 Anthony> instead of asking the Debian Technical Cabal to resolve the issue?

        See if it flies, then.

 Anthony> Cheers,
 Anthony> aj, who's trying not to read that as "The DPL can still mandate *my*
 Anthony>     solution, thank god."

        heh. I wish I was that influential with the DPL.

        manoj
--
 You can't underestimate the power of fear. Tricia Nixon