Re: /usr/share/doc (was Re: weekly policy summary)

On Thu, Jul 29, 1999 at 10:41:06PM -0500, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
>  Chris> It may be too late.  We *NEED* consensus on this sort of thing:
>         No, we do not need a consensus. The DPL can still mandate a
>   solution by fiat, thank god.

What?

Since when is the DPL mandating a solution better than reaching one by
consensus?

FWIW, I don't think forcing all packages to have postinst's and prerm's
for the rest of eternity to be a particularly good solution either. Are
there any fundamental problems with using a cronjob instead?

If not, is there any reason why we can't just deal with it that way
instead of asking the Debian Technical Cabal to resolve the issue?

Cheers,
aj, who's trying not to read that as "The DPL can still mandate *my*
    solution, thank god."

       ``There's nothing worse than people with a clue.
             They're always disagreeing with you.''
                                 -- Andrew Over