Re: /var/lib, /var/mail

On Thu, Jul 29, 1999 at 07:44:29PM +0300, Antti-Juhani Kaijanaho wrote:
> > I don't want to go and add cruft to the policy that says essentially "This
> > is policy but you shouldn't go out and reupload all of your packages so
> > they do things the new way just because there's a new policy."
>
> I update many of my packages frequently, and I usually upgrade to latest
> Policy in the process.  If I have nothing else to do, I might even update
> them just for the policy change ;-)
>
> I will formally object to any proposal which intends to introduce policy
> that should not be followed.

Which is why my objection to saying the policy should not be followed.
The few packages that will be updated between now and the release of
potato will not directly affect the upgrade process from slink I'm sure.

However, it's also fair to say that it's not going to get anything close
to a total conversion either.

--
Joseph Carter <knghtbrd@debian.org>             Debian GNU/Linux developer
GnuPG: 2048g/3F9C2A43 - 20F6 2261 F185 7A3E 79FC  44F9 8FF7 D7A3 DCF9 DAB3