Re: query about /etc

Anthony Towns wrote:
> I'd assume by "host specific" the FHS means on a host-host basis. That is,
> if two hosts running the same version of the same OS (but with different
> admins with different views on how things Should Be Done, say) can reasonably
> have different configs, then those configs are "host specific".
>
> If every Debian installation should have the same values, though, then
> sure, it should be in /usr/share.

But if every Debian installation should have the same values, then
obviously they are not configuration files :-)

I think it's really nice that Debian has *all* configuration info in
the /etc directory, with no worries about other places to look.  That
was one of the qualities that attracted me to it when I joined.

Richard Braakman