Re: query about /etc

Hi,
>>"Richard" == Richard Braakman <dark@xs4all.nl> writes:

 Richard> But if every Debian installation should have the same values, then
 Richard> obviously they are not configuration files :-)

        Well, site specific config files, I guess. There are
 somesettings common to a site (nntp servers, dns servers, nis, et al
 -- not that I am saying these file belong in /usr/share, I am saying
    that site specific config values do exist, and are the same for
    all debian macines on that site).

 Richard> I think it's really nice that Debian has *all* configuration
 Richard> info in the /etc directory, with no worries about other
 Richard> places to look.  That was one of the qualities that
 Richard> attracted me to it when I joined.

        I agree. Perhaps a /etc/share?

        manoj
--
 Needs are a function of what other people have.