Re: non-free suggestions again (was Re: weekly policy summary)

Hi,
>>"Chris" == Chris Waters <xtifr@dsp.net> writes:

 Chris> Note that the common element of both proposals is that
 Chris> someone who has non-free packages in her package list will
 Chris> see them, and someone who doesn't won't.  This really seems
 Chris> like the best approach all 'round.

 Chris> But note that both of the proposals I mentioned would solve
 Chris> this quite handily -- the information would be available to
 Chris> anyone who has the non-free package sources in her package
 Chris> list, and only be hidden to those who (deliberately, one
 Chris> assumes) don't have a source of non-free packages listed.

 Chris> This seems to me to make sense in any case, since there's not much
 Chris> point in suggesting a package which isn't available.  It's a bit hard
 Chris> to install a non-free package if you don't have a source for non-free
 Chris> packages!  :-)

        I agree. I meant to state so on my diätribe, but my fingers
 sent the message on ;-(.

        manoj
--
 The 'A' is for content, the 'minus' is for not typing it.  Don't ever
 do this to my eyes again. Professor Ronald Brady, Philosophy, Ramapo