Re: [PROPOSAL DRAFT]: editor and sensible-editor

Previously Charles C. Fu wrote:
> You're quite right, of course.  I had overlooked ex-mode since I don't
> use it.  (Hmm, it might be nice if vim entered ex-mode automatically
> on dumb terminals.)

vim defaults to a builtin ANSI terminal these days, which is probably
a more reasonable choice considering modern systems. Besides, people
who know ex should also know the Q-command :)

> Which reraises the issue of a few weeks ago about whether or not
> EDITOR and PAGER should be able to include options (and possibly shell
> metacharacters).

There are some reasonable default options, like +# that are expected
to be handled correctly by VISUAL, so I guess parameters are allowed.

Wichert.

E-Mail: wichert@cs.leidenuniv.nl