Re: logrotation

On Tue, May 18, 1999 at 04:02:11PM -0500, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
>         Also, one does not want the *.0 files that lgorotate creates,
>  so the expression gets more complex. (a.log, a.log.0, a.log.1.gz,
>  etc)

Or, alternately,

    $ tail -n0 -f /var/log/*

...to only give output for files that actually change while you're
watching.

Do we actually have some packages using Joseph's logrotate.deb yet, btw? It
seems a little premature to ammend policy before the package has undergone
much testing.

Cheers,
aj

       ``There's nothing worse than people with a clue.
             They're always disagreeing with you.''
                                 -- Andrew Over