Re: Software in main that is throughly useless without non-free software

    Anthony> [...] people who run Debian who want a functional system,
    Anthony> in spite of some alleged impurities?
                              ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

 What?!  Cruft in Debian?  No way; I'll never believe it.

    Anthony> [...] people who run Debian who obsess about freedom and
    Anthony> stuff?

 Are they real, realists, and really anything resembling an informed
 majority?  Most of us, I get the impression, are computer
 professionals, serious students, "hobbyists", engineers, or
 scientists.  Do we really have the time to "obsess" about anything
 but our science or our Very Own MIS dept?  Let's share our code so we
 spend less time re-inventing it!  Let's pool our efforts and make it
 better for the common goo^hd.  Lets make our systems interoperate and
 co-operate so we don't indepenantly run six deisel burning semi
 trucks across the state to haul one cardboard box each.  That's GNU.