Re: Software in main that is throughly useless without non-free software

Hi,

        Unfortunately, we do not live in a world where all software is
 free. Neither are all protocols. Sometimes, some communication
 protocols gain popularity with the masses that have no free
 implementations.

        Imagine when a group of people say "Hey, call us using
 foo-grubble, and we can have a neat game". And we have to say, sorry,
 no can do, I use linux, and I am unable to do that.

        At that point, the impression is that we are running a less
 capable system.

        When some one creates a client side of that protocol, using
 totally free software, and empowers our users with the ability to
 particiapte; that is a good thing. We have added capability to our
 system.

        Of course, it would be nice if we had free server software
 too. That shall come with time. But turning away free software cause
 it talks to non free software on *ANOTHER MACHINE*, hurts the free
 software community.

        manoj
--
 One of the disadvantages of having children is that they eventually
 get old enough to give you presents they make at school. Robert Byrne