Re: Software in main that is throughly useless without non-free software

James Troup <james@nocrew.org> writes:

> > Well there's an obvious discrepancy then, since MANY other programs in
> > the same boat are already in main, and have been for some time.
>
> Yes, because I didn't accept them.  This thread only started because I
> happened to look at TiK while processing Incoming.  I am *not* picking
> on TiK here.  As I've already said, and I'll thank you kindly to stop
> trolling that I am.

I'm not trying to troll here.  I'm just pointing out that there is a
glaring inconsistency in the treatment of packages.  Presumably you
and the other ftpmasters are abiding by the same set of policy
guidelines; therefore presumably there exists a discrepancy in the
interpretation or else this is an isolated incident from the others.

--
John Goerzen   Linux, Unix consulting & programming   jgoerzen@complete.org |
The 772,945th digit of pi is 9.