Re: Software in main that is throughly useless without non-free software

On Tue, May 04, 1999 at 10:53:14PM -0500, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
[..]
>         Of course, it would be nice if we had free server software
>  too. That shall come with time. But turning away free software cause
>  it talks to non free software on *ANOTHER MACHINE*, hurts the free
>  software community.

Which is the point entirely...  What is being asked for is literally to
remove packages from Debian.  contrib and non-free aren't part of Debian
and in fact contrib is no longer distributed with our CDs.  Only main is
distributed by us now (something that I support actually...)

* Overfiend ponders doing an NMU of asclock, in which he simply changes
  the extended description to "If you bend over and put your head between
  your legs, you can read the time off your assclock."

<doogie> Overfiend: go to bed.