Re: Software in main that is throughly useless without non-free software

Hi,

 James> Manoj Srivastava <srivasta@debian.org> writes:
 >> Really? I think otherwise. I think your views are fascist. Stop
 >> trying to control people, and impose your mores on them.

 James> Control people?  Who am I trying to control?  I simply
 James> proposed an extension/alteration/whatever to policy.

        True. But this is, IMHO, a rule which need not be in place --
 and the reasons were, well, almost non existant.

 James> For someone who is so anti-'ad hominem' arguments, you seem to
 James> be using them fairly freely against me.  Thanks, it really
 James> makes me feel good.

        I did only retaliate against accusations of fallacious
 reasoning; and indeed, with the baggage the phrase used, the
 implications of delibrate obfuscation. I note you elided out the
 comment I was replying to.

 >> Who are you to judge how useful some program is to me?

 James> We already do.  We say that a program is not useful if it has a
 James> Depends: or Recommends: on non-main software.

        I think not. Photoshop is immensly useful. So is gated. We
 just do not think we can, or like to, distribute them. The utility
 value of the program has nothing to do with it.

        manoj
--
 There's a whole WORLD in a mud puddle! Doug Clifford