Re: Software in main that is throughly useless without non-free software

Hi,

 James> John Goerzen <jgoerzen@complete.org> writes:

 >> > Eh?  So what?
 >>
 >> The point is that every single TCP/IP client that is in existance now
 >> or ever will be has a free server available: netcat.  This renders
 >> other distinctions meaningless, I think.

 James> Oh, purlease.  This is sophistry.

        Really? I think otherwise. I think your views are
 fascist. Stop trying to control people, and impose your mores on
 them. There. We have both called each others views names. Can we
 get back to a sane discussion now?

 James> When talking about common every day usage of a client like
 James> TiK; now using netcat as a server might sound c00l, 3l33t and
 James> funny on IRC, but how useful is it in real life?  It's not.

        Who are you to judge how useful some program is to me? I have
 a couple of ldap clients, but no ldap server at the moment. I
 am looking at the internals. At some point, I shall look into
 connecting to a real server. I would resent anyone coming and
 telling me I can't do thAT.

        msnoj
--
 Economics is extremely useful as a form of employment for
 economists. John Kenneth Galbraith