Re: A mechanism to amend policy documents

Hi,
>>"Wichert" == Wichert Akkerman <wakkerma@debian.org> writes:

 Wichert> I agree with Adam that it's purely documentation, not part
 Wichert> of the policy.

	Do you not find the version numbers suggestive?

        debian-policy_2.4.1.3.deb
 developers-reference_2.4.1.3.deb
     packaging-manual_2.4.1.1.deb

	Would there be serious objections to having the policy
 maintainers actually take over the developers reference? Since it
 does give an overview of the packaging process, it needs be kept
 uptdate with policy changes. If needed, we can make it clear that the
 package does not carry the full wieght of policy.

	However, I shall bow to public opinion; so far, I am out voted
 two-to-one. Comments?

	manoj
--
 "The greatest dangers to liberty lurk in insidious encroachment by
 mean of zeal, well-meaning but without understanding." Justice Louis