Re: A mechanism to amend policy documents

[You (Manoj Srivastava)]
> I hope I am not
> incorrect in assuming that the debian-policy, packaging-manual, and
> the developers-reference packages constitute the core of the policy
> documents.

Actually I see the developers reference as just another documentation
file.  I've never seen to it referred to as core policy before.

>	In preparation for doing that, I would like to request the
> maintainers of the packages to relinquish contrl to the new
> team. Since one package is orphaned, one of the maintainers has
> vlunteered to be on the new team, and the third maintainer voted for
> the proposal, this should be merely a formality.

Well, assuming it is decided to be a "core policy document", I'm happy to
relinquish control over it.

It's already in cvs on cvs.debian.org under the DDP cvs area, BTW.