Re: md5sums files (was Re: over 30000 bugs in our archive (!))

On Wed, Feb 11, 1998 at 09:42:06AM -0600, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
> Tommi> BTW, I hope lintian will check that all the suid files are
> Tommi> registered with suidmanager..
> 	Say what? When did this become policy?

	Uh-oh.. it isn't. It's a personal preference.
	Not necessarily suidmanager, just somewhere
	_under control_. Things like if ssh should be
	suid are a local configuration issue, IMHO.
	So, there should be a config file. So, packages
	should register with that config file.

	I don't think suidmanager is the best possible
	- but I would like to see something on this area.

	Propably should have said that in the first place..
--
tv-nospam-sig-1@hq.yok.utu.fi - it's a valid address w/o spam | +358-50-5124907
f u cn rd ths, thn u cn rd perl 2 | rm -rf / && echo bye-bye. |           --tv