Re: md5sums files (was Re: over 30000 bugs in our archive (!))

Christian Schwarz <schwarz@monet.m.isar.de> writes:

> Note, that md5sums was only introduced by deb-make some time ago and never
> has been widely discussed. AFAIR, a better solution than md5sums files
> would be to store more information about the unpacked files, as setuid
> bits, etc.

Yes, it would be nice if the .list files actually contained something
like the output of "find -ls".  It would make checking to see if you
accidentally screwed something up a little easier.  Thought I'm not
sure if the benefit would outweigh the cost.  This would make them
much bigger unless they could be gzipped.

--
Rob Browning <rlb@cs.utexas.edu>