Re: [rt.cpan.org #58445] overzealous usage of configure_requires considered harmful

On 20 June 2010 13:35, Damyan Ivanov <dmn@debian.org> wrote:
> There is a potential problem here in the backports.org policy of not
> accepting packages that can be installed from squeeze.

As I understand it, that isn't so strict any more.

But we still have to consider the burden of supporting the backports
until the next stable release.  I'd be wary of saying we'll backport
*everything*, for instance, because it effectively doubles our
workload.  If we had people interested in maintaining backports for
specific packages, I don't think this would be a problem.

--
Tim Retout <tim@retout.co.uk>