Re: [rt.cpan.org #58445] overzealous usage of configure_requires considered harmful

-=| Guy Hulbert, Sat, Jun 19, 2010 at 01:52:04PM -0400 |=-
> On Sat, 2010-19-06 at 19:30 +0300, Damyan Ivanov wrote:
> > When I am in a situation like this, I the following actions in order.
> >
> >  1. Install the package from squeeze or sid. Most of the time this
> >     works right away and APT pinning helps not to pull the whole
> >     distribution into the stable environment.
> >  2. Backport the package from squeeze or sid. This is seldom
> >     necessary. The most common case is modules with XS.
>
> Could you not (2) try install from the source package for modules with
> XS so your step (2) would become (3).

I am not sure I understand. "backporting" is building the binary
package (.deb) from squeeze/sid source package (.dsc + .orig.tar.gz
+ .diff) in stable environment. Is this what mean with "try install
from the source package"?