Re: Package name convention: Tie::ShadowHash

gregor herrmann <gregoa@debian.org> writes:

> dh-make-perl doesn't find a Tie-ShadowHash dist on CPAN, and I don't
> find such a distribution either.

> What I do see is a module Tie::ShadowHash in a dist ShadowHash-0.07
> -- and that's what dh-make-perl gives us :)

Tie::ShadowHash is the name of the module.  I just hate long filenames for
the distribution tarball.  (I'm not the only one on CPAN; not everyone
names the distribution after the full name of hte module.)

libtie-shadowhash-perl is the correct name for the Debian package.

(I'm the upstream author, not that I've put out a new release in half of
forever.  If I do put out another release, I'd consider renaming it to
something a bit more consistent with the module name.  All of my Perl
modules from that era used abbreviated distribution names; see also
Gateway, ANSIColor, podlators, etc.)