Re: Package name convention: Tie::ShadowHash

On Sat, Feb 27, 2010 at 02:09:15PM +0200, Damyan Ivanov wrote:

> dh-make-perl (the real name of cpan2deb) takes the name either from
> the 'name' member of META.yml, or from the DISTNAME setting in
> Makefile.PL. In this case, the CPAN dist is named ShadowHash.
>
> Why the dist name? Because no one invented a better way to find the
> 'main' module in a distribution. It worked well so far.

well, we could do some crazy stuff...

parse the Makefile.PL and get the VERSION_FROM. that gives
"ShadowHash.pm". then we look at that file, find the "package
Tie::ShadowHash;" line, and base the package name off of that.

and for Build.PL we could just use the "module_name".

I think that would be a lot more effort than its worth tho.

--
Ryan Niebur