Re: Package name convention: Tie::ShadowHash

On Feb 27, 2010, at 11:28, Stefan Hornburg (Racke) wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I intend to package the Perl module Tie::ShadowHash as this is needed for the
> interchange package used with a certain configuration (#571694).
>
> In order to do that I invoked cpan2deb Tie::ShadowHash to cover the basic work.
> However, it picked libshadowhash-perl as package name.
>
> According to the Perl policy
> (http://www.debian.org/doc/packaging-manuals/perl-policy/ch-module_packages.html#s-package_names)
> libtie-shadowhash-perl would be the correct package name.
>
> Is that a bug in cpan2deb?

Without looking at the code I would probably say yes. I suspect it does something like take the module name and do something clever to create the package name, but not do something necessarily policy conferment.

I'll take a look at the code, since I am kinda familiar with it, and see if I can spot the sub that does this or even if this is cpan2deb's fault.

Jeremiah