Re: Perl modules in Debian that do not adhere to Debian's naming policy

On Tue, 2010-23-02 at 22:07 +0900, Charles Plessy wrote:
> Other opinions ?

libbioperl-perl

----

As I see it, the purpose of a naming convention is to avoid namespace
collisions.  A single exception causes everyone headaches.  I think this
convention is exceptionally ugly but it's done.

I used to be able to find debian packages easily by name but there are
so many now that it's pretty much hopeless.  So, I've adapted to using
'apt-cache search ... | grep ...' and that seems to solve the problem.

Sometime google is faster ;-).

--
--gh