Re: Perl modules in Debian that do not adhere to Debian's naming policy

Le Tue, Feb 23, 2010 at 08:12:00PM +0900, Ansgar Burchardt a écrit :

> (bioperl: usr/share/perl5/Bio/Align/AlignI.pm and 858 others)
>   --> libbio-perl
>   Also has stuff in usr/bin/*, upstream name is "bioperl".

Hi all,

to all bioinformaticians, Bioperl in know as Bioperl and not as Bio::Perl. I do
not think that renaming the source package to libbio-perl would bring a
benefit.

Nevertheless, if this is a requirement, I will obey.

Bioperl currently has a RC bug that I shall fix soon (by disabling
network-requiring tests) if it is not fixed upstream. I can take the
opportunity of upload to rename, so please let me know your decision soon…

Charles Plessy
Debian Med packaging team,
http://www.debian.org/devel/debian-med
Tsurumi, Kanagawa, Japan