Re: Perl modules in Debian that do not adhere to Debian's naming policy

Charles,

On Tue, Feb 23, 2010 at 7:53 AM, Charles Plessy <plessy@debian.org> wrote:
> to all bioinformaticians, Bioperl in know as Bioperl and not as Bio::Perl. I do
> not think that renaming the source package to libbio-perl would bring a
> benefit.

I have encountered this issue myself with MojoMojo (which hasn't been
uploaded yet, but I'm working on it). What I decided to go with is:

1. Call the library itself libmojomojo-perl
2. Have another package, mojomojo, which depends on the library and
configures apache/etc as appropriate.

Now, I realize Bioperl isn't a web app, but perhaps some similar
arrangement where the /usr/bin programs are in bioperl, and the
library is in libbio-perl? (Though this itself is weird - because we
have things like Modern::Perl packaged as libmodern-perl, rather than
libmodern-perl-perl - but I guess we can hope nobody packages anything
useful as the top-level "Bio" package, heh)

Cheers,

Jonathan