Perl modules in Debian that do not adhere to Debian's naming policy

Hi,

Jonathan Yu <jonathan.i.yu@gmail.com> writes:

> Though this isn't a Ubuntu-specific issue - as I mentioned, there are
> still some packages in Debian which violate the policy (I guess they
> were packaged prior to the implementation of the naming policy) - this
> seems like a good place to start.

I did search for packages in Debian shipping files in
/usr/(lib|share)/perl5 that are not named lib.*-perl and after sorting
out most of them, I got the list below.

Should we file bugs to get these packages renamed?

Regards,
Ansgar

opalmod: usr/share/perl5/OpaL/action.pm and 20 others
  --> libopal-perl
  "my private utilities" package?

gnuift-perl: usr/share/perl5/GIFT/CFCMovingTarget.pm and 11 others
  --> libgnuift-perl

perl-mapscript: usr/lib/perl5/auto/mapscript/mapscript.bs and 2 others
  --> libmapscript-perl

perl-tk: usr/lib/perl5/Tie/Watch.pm and 646 others
  --> libtk-perl
  Provides: libtk-perl
  Upstream name is "perltk".

speedy-cgi-perl: usr/lib/perl5/CGI/SpeedyCGI.pm
  --> libspeedy-cgi-perl

(bioperl: usr/share/perl5/Bio/Align/AlignI.pm and 858 others)
  --> libbio-perl
  Also has stuff in usr/bin/*, upstream name is "bioperl".

exactimage-perl: usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/ExactImage.pm and one other
  --> libexactimage-perl

perl-ifeffit: usr/lib/perl5/auto/Ifeffit/Ifeffit.bs and 2 others
  --> libifeffit-perl

rplay-perl: usr/share/perl5/RPTP.pm and 2 others
  --> librplay-perl

nfqueue-bindings-perl: usr/lib/perl5/libnfqueue.so and one other
  --> libnfqueue-perl

perlmagick: usr/lib/perl5/Image/Magick.pm and 3 others
  --> libimage-magick-perl
  Provides: libimage-magick-perl
  Provided by: graphicsmagick-libmagick-dev-compat