Re: dh-make-perl revamped (not really)

Guy Hulbert dijo [Fri, Dec 12, 2008 at 07:37:51AM -0500]:
> > a repository and keep it public? Well, whoever can clone from what we
> > keep in the Debian infrastructure into Github... Besides that, what
> > does Github provide? A social network? (pfff...)
>
> For good reasons, I am not free to upload to git.debian.org without
> jumping through a certain number of hoops.  I can post a patch to this
> list but that still entails more work for someone else than using git to
> merge from github.

There is a single hoop. Ask to be part of the group, and you will have
full access to the repository.

> [*] It lets me exploit the freedom that git provides.  I have a server
> and I won't use github once I've set up my own git browser etc ... but
> that's months away (i'm busy).

Agree, I am using GitHub for several projects myself... But Debian
projects should use Debian resources, which are already set up.

PGP key 1024D/8BB527AF 2001-10-23