Re: dh-make-perl revamped (not really)

On Thu, 2008-11-12 at 18:56 +0100, gregor herrmann wrote:
> Cool, tests and feedback is always welcome.

I'll try.

> > could you post the svn-url for trunk/
> > to the list please.
>
> svn://svn.debian.org/svn/pkg-perl/trunk/dh-make-perl

Thanks ... I'm pulling it via git-svn ... which I know hits the repo
pretty hard the first time but I suppose it can't be much worse than svn
itself.

I could push a copy up to git-hub if it were desired ... I've done this
with a couple of other projects and it goes up much faster than the
original download.  On git-hub it can be shared efficiently via 'fork'.

FYI.

If debian wanted to do this on an official basis all that is required is
after setting up an account (fill in one form and run about 10 shell
commands, they walk you through everything).  Obviously this could be
done on the debian systems, if they were set up for it.  I think the
git-hub people have done a little tweaking to the stock git code but
they are probably willing to share (if they haven't got it on a blog
somewhere already).

        mkdir ANY
        # I used ANY=dh-make-perl ;-)
        cd ANY
        git-svn init
        svn://svn.debian.org/svn/pkg-perl/trunk/dh-make-perl
        git-svn fetch
        git-svn rebase

If you want to push to a remote git repo (e.g. on git-hub):

    git remote add origin git@github.com:USER/PROJECT.git
        git push origin master

to update locally:

        cd ANY