Re: dh-make-perl revamped (not really)

-=| gregor herrmann, Thu, Dec 11, 2008 at 10:23:55PM +0100 |=-

> > > svn://svn.debian.org/svn/pkg-perl/trunk/dh-make-perl
> > Thanks ... I'm pulling it via git-svn ... which I know hits the repo
> > pretty hard the first time but I suppose it can't be much worse than svn
> > itself.
>
> There's already a git "clone" for dh-make-perl of the svn directory:
> http://git.debian.org/?p=pkg-perl/apps/dh-make-perl.git;a=summary
> and it gets updated from svn via some svn post-commit hooks.

Cloning from that would also be way faster than git-svn clone. But you
already know that :)

Anyway, your comments, ideas and patches are welcome. The code is in
the middle of an almost rewrite, so if you have intention to make big
changes, coordination is needed. Here on this list or in #debian-perl
IRC channel on irc.debian.org (OFTC).

> If you need more information Damyan or someone else who understands
> git will sure be around :)

Thanks for the compliment. I think that knowing Git well is like
knowing Perl well -- few achieve the high (or low?) levels, and I am
not one of them, yet :)

> Cheers,
> gregor, git illiterate

We are working slowly, in indirect ways, to change that last part :)