Re: RFS: webgui -- Content management platform to maintain complex web sites

On Mon, 14 Jul 2008 12:56:07 -0430, Ernesto Hernandez-Novich wrote:

> >   Just curious: is there a possibility to run the tests at build
> >   time?
> webgui provides to tests:

[..]

Thanks for the explanations!
Sounds very reasonable.

> > * debian/copyright:
> >   You have to add the copyright for all third-party stuff; I've seen
> >   that you don't install it any more but it's still in the source
> >   package (the .orig.tar.gz) which is also distributed by Debian.
> >   (tinymce, yui, ...)
> All the files in the binary package, with the sole exception noted in
> the copyright file, are copyright PlainBlack.

Yup.

> You mean I have to add copyright notices for YUI and TinyMCE even though
> they are NOT bein included in the binary package? Do I remove the
> sources for YUI and TinyMCE from the .orig.tar.gz?

There are two possibilities:
* leave them in the .orig.tar.gz and add the appropriate stanzas to
  debian/copyright (the .orig.tar.gz gets distributed too)
* repack the tarball and remove them, then there's no need to mention
  the copyright/license in d/copyright

I'd go for the first option, repacking should only be done if it's
really necessary (non-free files etc.)

 : :' :  debian gnu/linux user, admin & developer - http://www.debian.org/
   `-    NP: Tracy Chapman: Let It Rain