RFS: webgui -- Content management platform to maintain complex web sites

I posted this RFS on Fri, 02 May 2008 09:35:27 -0430, and a lot of
things have changed since then, so I'm posting again.

I've been packaging WebGUI [1] for personal use for over two years now. A lot of its
dependencies were missing in Debian, so I packaged them and are now part of Debian's Perl
Group. After all those dependencies got in, I sent an ITP [2] and started polishing the
package with the help of dam and gregoa, and ocasional pointers by gwolf.

At the time, the package was reviewed by dam and gregoa, and after a
couple of minor fixes he did the upload of version 7.4.36-1. That
version was REJECTED by ftp-masters because of several defects (missing
copyright information, wholesale code duplication and wrongly placed
libraries). Some of the problems were my wrongdoing, others were
upstream; I worked with upstream to cleanup the distribution and apply
some patches. In the meantime, it was decided that packaging 7.5.x would
be a better idea than packaging 7.4.x, so I upgraded the package
accordingly, and packaged another dependency (which made it into Sid
this week). Finally, dam asked for the package to be kept under SVN on
collab-maint and helped set it up for me; it currently holds all the
revisions I've made to the package since the faulty 7.4.36 that was
rejected up to the current 7.5.15 (rev 10644, FWIW).

I believe the package is ready to go into Debian (lintian too :-), so I'm asking for a
sponsor to check it and upload; yesterday dam suggested that I re-post this RFS since
he's got quite a lot of things to work on and cannot help with the review at this time.
WebGUI is a _big_ package and it takes a while to figure out where things go and why,
but I'll be more than happy to explain the decisions made regarding packaging.

[1] http://www.webgui.org
[3] svn+ssh://svn.debian.org/svn/collab-maint/ext-maint/webgui
--
Ernesto Hernández-Novich - Linux 2.6.18 i686 - Unix: Live free or die!
Geek by nature, Linux by choice, Debian of course.