Re: RFS: webgui -- Content management platform to maintain complex web sites

On Sat, 2008-07-12 at 20:48 -0700, Russ Allbery wrote:
> gregor herrmann <gregoa@debian.org> writes:
>
> >   webgui: executable-not-elf-or-script ./usr/share/webgui/upgrades/upgrade_7.4.40-7.5.16.pl
> >   Probably ok too, also a candidate for a lintian override
>
> Usually that's one that can and should be fixed one way or the other,
> since it's not meaningful to set a file executable when it can't be
> executed.

It was missing the shebang because I forgot to add it to one of the
quilt patches.

> > * debian/postrm:
> >   Not sure about that one: As an admin I don't like it when packages
> >   remove their logs; but maybe there is some consensus/policy on that
> >   point.
>
> Policy requires logs be removed on purge (10.8) but not on remove.  The
> theory is that if you want to keep the logs, you won't purge.

Yes, that's why I wrote the postrm like that. I practice that theory...
--
Ernesto Hernández-Novich - Linux 2.6.18 i686 - Unix: Live free or die!
Geek by nature, Linux by choice, Debian of course.