Re: The difficulty or ease of packaging Perl/Python/Ruby/PHP applications

On 1/23/08, Andreas J. Koenig
> An underscore in the version number has a special meaning on CPAN:
> it means this is a developer release not yet ready for production.
> I suppose the above debian package is based on
> BDFOY/Crypt-Rijndael-1.05_01.tar.gz.

Interesting, I wonder if dh-make-perl should automatically target such
versions at experimental and ensure that the watch files it produces
do not match those style of versions?

I also wonder if lintian should check if the watch file will match
those versions and whine if the distro is not experimental
(informational level maybe).

--
bye,
pabs