Re: DM and pkg-perl

-=| Joey Hess, Wed, Nov 21, 2007 at 05:45:52PM -0500 |=-
> Another approach might be for the DM team to ping pkg-perl before
> accepting an applicant, if the applicant is an uploader of pkg-perl
> packages. Then you could decide to advocate them, in which case you
> presumably want to keep the field as-is, or decide you don't want them
> uploading yet, and remove them from uploaders. This does mean more work
> for both teams, but it seems feasable to automate it on the DM side, so
> (without asking my teammates) I don't see a problem with doing it that
> way if it would be useful.

Sounds acceptable. Advocate saying "I watched his/her work in the group
for the last seven[1] years and I consider him/her capable of handling
group's packages" should set things straight.

    [1] number is intentionally absurdly high as to not set some sort of
        requirement :)