Re: DM and pkg-perl

-=| Martín Ferrari, Mon, Nov 19, 2007 at 08:13:14PM -0300 |=-
> Changes:
>  debian-maintainers (1.1) unstable; urgency=low
>   * Added Debian maintainer Martin Ferrari. Closes: #451998
>
> That means that I'm a DM now! (/me dances happily!!! \o\ /o/)

I hope to see you a DD really soon :)

> I didn't expected this to happen so fast (Joey, you're breaking
> long-established Debian traditions! :)), and now we have something to
> address: how are we going to handle this situation within the group?

<snip>

> As per the rest of the work, we could use the policy that when you do
> a significant change and put yourself in Uploaders (as we currently
> do), that package could also gain the DM flag. But this has the
> problem that we don't do many uploads in a row of the same package,
> but for many different packages....

The following seems obvious to me, but still may be useful as a base for
discussion.

One option would be to upload all packages with "DM-Upload-Allowed: yes"
from now on. This would give all present and future DMs upload right for
the packages they work on. There's no need to upload _all_ packagaes
_only_ adding the field of course.

What do others think? Is this too "wide-open"? Can it be mis-used?