Re: RFC libapp-control-perl

>>>>> "Damyan" == Damyan Ivanov <dam@modsoftsys.com> writes:

[In our last episode, Damyan and I discuss whether debian/copyright
   in the new machine-readable format should have an Upstream authors
   blurb at the top]

    Damyan> I tend to prefer to keep that section as it is used not
    Damyan> only for ©-holders but also to mention the persons that
    Damyan> actually wrote/contribute the software. The proposal
    Damyan> allows for arbitrary free text to be present in the file.

I don't mind either way. I looked at the other package, and I agree it
is nice in this case where not all authors are copyright holders.
I'm too new to debian to say whether debian/copyright is the correct
place for this.  What I would like is if my non group-maintained
packages would use the same copyright format; for someone seeking
sponsors, it is one less thing to be left up to sponsor preference.
Is anyone here involved with

   http://wiki.debian.org/Proposals/CopyrightFormat

enough to speak to the idea of codifying (or not) the Upstream author
information in the debian/copyright format?

Of course, the pkg-perl group can always make up its own mind.

all the best,

David