Re: DM and pkg-perl (summary, take 2)

-=| David Bremner, Tue, Dec 11, 2007 at 09:58:13AM +0100 |=-
> 1) About section 5, describing the initial setting of Uploaders. Am I
> correct in thinking that for someone like myself neither DM nor DD
> need not fill in the Uploader field when svn-injecting a package?
> That is my reading of what is there now.

Your reading is right.

I guess the --pkg-perl dh-make-perl's option needs a change. I propose
that it no longer creates Uploaders.

> 2) (academic pedantic mode on) Do we suppose everyone knows acronyms
> like DD, DM, CPAN? Would it make sense to have list of acronyms or
> something similar? Or we could just be a bit more careful about
> defining things before we use them, but my own lazy usage of policy
> documents tends to be of the skim and pounce variety, and in this
> sense a separate list would be better. I can also agree that we should
> not worry about it :-) (pedantic mode winding down...)

The policy is a bit "geeky". I don't see this as a bug :) but still
don't object in a change that uses "... if you are a Debian Maintainer
(DM), then ...".

As of DD and CPAN, I guess there acronyms are obligatory for anyone
wanting to "package" "Perl" modules :). Anyway, a change that
"decyphers" these too is OK for me.