Re: DM and pkg-perl (summary, take 1)

On Mon, 03 Dec 2007 21:12:39 +0200, Damyan Ivanov wrote:

> Some corrections in a sort of wdiff:

Thanks.

> >  * add XS-DM-Upload-Allowed: yes (if it's not yet there)
>  {+* document both above changes in debian/changelog as usual}
>    * add {-a} {+an explicit} note to the top of debian/changelog (in such a
>      manner that it can't be missed by the sponsor) warning of the changes

Ack.

>   In both cases a mail should be sent to {-the DM and}
> > debian-perl@lists.debian.org.
>
> (rationale: DM should be subscribed already)

Right.

> (I just broke that policy; Thanks Gregor for correcting that with your
> mail)

Well, it's not yet a policy :)

> The curent policy section about maintaining Uploaders needs rewrite too.

In fact there are several sections where Uploaders is mentioned.

> Something like
>     Uploaders: must contain the list of contributors with upload rights.
>     That is, all DDs that were working on or have uploaded the package
>     at some point, plus all DMs that are allowed to upload it."

Sounds good to me, the rest are editorial changes that can IMO left
to whoever fires up $EDITOR policy.pod :)

 : :' :  debian: the universal operating system - http://www.debian.org/
   `-    NP: Dire Straits: Calling Elvis