Re: A plan to get rid of unnecessary package dependencies

Niko Tyni <ntyni@iki.fi> writes:

> NOTICES

> libastro-fits-cfitsio-perl (remove -lm from debian/rules)
>  - this really needs an upload to get linked with cfitsio3 (#372797)
>  - I guess we'll have to link it statically since #375472 doesn't seem to
>    get fixed (unless someone wants to NMU cfitsio3...)

I'm not sure this is a legitimate NMU target, since I'm not sure that this
is really an RC bug.  Although it does make the shared library kind of
useless, so maybe it is.  I guess it does violate a should in policy as
well.  I'm going to upgrade that bug to RC and see if that gets a
reaction, and then after ten days it's a legitimate NMU target.