Re: A plan to get rid of unnecessary package dependencies

On Tue, Sep 26, 2006 at 05:33:53PM +0200, gregor herrmann wrote:

> Any ideas about the packages with 'problems'?

I have fixed these:

PROBLEMS

libopengl-perl (explicitly specify only the needed libs in debian/rules)
 - quite a mess, but I think I got it right
libvorbis-perl (removed extra libs from Makefile.PL)
 - there's also a fix for double-frees at file closing time (#389571)
libwww-curl-perl (don't use curl-config, just link with -lcurl)
libnet-z3950-perl (replace 'yaz-config --libs' with -lyaz)

NOTICES

libastro-fits-cfitsio-perl (remove -lm from debian/rules)
 - this really needs an upload to get linked with cfitsio3 (#372797)
 - I guess we'll have to link it statically since #375472 doesn't seem to
   get fixed (unless someone wants to NMU cfitsio3...)
libnet-patricia-perl (remove -lnsl from Makefile.PL)

There are also a few packaging fixes, of course.

I'd be glad if somebody could look these through and upload them.

Still left:

PROBLEMS

libtk-png-perl
 - what's the status of this? Reading #348910, it should be either
   replaced by a dummy package or removed. Carlo?

NOTICES

libauthen-krb5-perl
libimage-librsvg-perl
 - the libs come from 'pkg-config --libs-only-l librsvg-2.0'
 - I guess we should just list the needed ones manually
libpar-perl

Niko Tyni	ntyni@iki.fi