Re: A plan to get rid of unnecessary package dependencies

On Mon, 25 Sep 2006 17:20:28 -0700, Russ Allbery wrote:

> > http://rerun.lefant.net/checklib/howto-fix-errors.html says:
>
> > In effect you are missing a dependency, probably for one of the
> > following reasons:
>
> >   * The package ships ELF files but doesn't use dpkg-shlibdeps /
> >     dh_shlibdeps (or scews up while doing so). If the checklib log
> >     mentions libc.so.6 the package probably is in this category.
>
> > $ grep dh_shlibdeps libio-interface-perl/debian/rules
> >         dh_shlibdeps
> > $ grep dh_shlibdeps libio-socket-multicast-perl/debian/rules
> >         dh_shlibdeps
> > $ grep dh_shlibdeps libproc-process-perl/debian/rules
> >         dh_shlibdeps

> Looks like the actual problem is a missing ${shlibs:Depends}.

D'oh!

> I've fixed
> libio-interface-perl and am uploading that now.

I've done the same for libio-socket-multicast-perl and
libproc-process-perl now. Could someone please upload the packages?

So the 3 packages with 'errors' should be fixed.
Any ideas about the packages with 'problems'?

 : :' :  debian: the universal operating system - http://www.debian.org/
   `-    NP: Elvis Presley: King Creole