Re: Orphaning my packages

On Thu, 14 Sep 2006, Gunnar Wolf wrote:

Russ Allbery dijo [Wed, Sep 13, 2006 at 10:28:05PM -0700]:
I'm not sure we're really using the tracker right now.  Mostly it just
gets spammed.  *wry grin*

I think I agree with you. Trackers work great for some things - but
don't for others :)

We could just close the trackers (as they basically provide erroneous
information to any innocent bystander). In fact, if you don't mind
(protest in the next couple of days), I will do so. Instead of them, I
think we could better work with some TODO-like files somewhere in
SVN. Lets look at the current situation - Our trackers are:

Yes, I think that it might be valuable to have written down on the web site what you mentioned as the standard operating procedure that we use. I think that responsiveness to email si quite good and certainly more effective than the tracker, which takes an active effort to go and check. Email _always_ gets checked...

Carlo

--
Carlo U. Segre -- Professor of Physics
Illinois Institute of Technology