Re: New packages available for upload

Joachim,

> > This does sound appealing... I have some experience in creating and
> > maintaining Debian packages, but I'm not sure if I will always have
> > enough time to officially manage them.
>
> In that case, I'd propose that: get yourself an alioth account and tell
> me your handle, so I can add you to the group.

Right. I subscribed as "hoeve", although Alioth now says I'm hoeve-guest
:)

> While waiting, you can read through the stuff on
> http://pkg-perl.alioth.debian.org/ :-)  When added, you can inject your
> package to our CVS. Then we can check them out (hehe, double meaning),
> and if everything is ok, someone will upload them.

I'll re-read the page later today.

> > Ah, I think was a bit unclear before. The packages I mentioned were all
> > fetched from CPAN and packaged. Some of them I packaged manually, some
> > through dh-make-perl, which is great although buggy :)
>
> Careful, dh-make-perl's maintainer is in the group (HE) :-)

So I noticed :)

> If you don't mind I would be interested in you as a person (just the
> rough facts). I for myself am 18 years, German, will finish school in a
> few month (which is why I won't do really much for Debian right now) and
> I fought my way through the NM in 2003.

I'm studying Business Information Technology at the University of Twente
in Enschede, the Netherlands right now. I'm almost finished there, but
most of my time goes to running my webhosting company :) Oh, and I'm 24
years old...

Regards,

Allard Hoeve