Re: New packages available for upload

Hi Allard,

Am Mi, den 10.03.2004 schrieb Allard Hoeve um 17:36:
> I find the procedure to become Debian Maintainer a bit too extensive :)
> Not that this is a Bad Thing, ofcourse :)
Ture. It's an implicit test for patience (which is sometimes quite
useful in debian :-))

> > 2) Same as above, but under the "Debian Perl Group" hood, which means
> > you check in the packages into our cvs repository on alioth, get faster
> > Sponsorship and can help with our other packages.
>
> This does sound appealing... I have some experience in creating and
> maintaining Debian packages, but I'm not sure if I will always have
> enough time to officially manage them.

In that case, I'd propose that: get yourself an alioth account and tell
me your handle, so I can add you to the group. While waiting, you can
read through the stuff on http://pkg-perl.alioth.debian.org/ :-)
When added, you can inject your package to our CVS. Then we can check
them out (hehe, double meaning), and if everything is ok, someone will
upload them.

> Ah, I think was a bit unclear before. The packages I mentioned were all
> fetched from CPAN and packaged. Some of them I packaged manually, some
> through dh-make-perl, which is great although buggy :)
Careful, dh-make-perl's maintainer is in the group (HE) :-)

If you don't mind I would be interested in you as a person (just the
rough facts). I for myself am 18 years, German, will finish school in a
few month (which is why I won't to really much for Debian right now) and
I fought my way through the NM in 2003.

nomeata
--
Joachim "nomeata" Breitner