Re: New packages available for upload

Hi Joachim,

> There are several procedures imageinable:
>
> 1) You maintain them by yourself, finding sponsors to upload them and
> optionally start the NM process to become a full Debian Maintainer.

I find the procedure to become Debian Maintainer a bit too extensive :)
Not that this is a Bad Thing, ofcourse :)

> 2) Same as above, but under the "Debian Perl Group" hood, which means
> you check in the packages into our cvs repository on alioth, get faster
> Sponsorship and can help with our other packages.

This does sound appealing... I have some experience in creating and
maintaining Debian packages, but I'm not sure if I will always have
enough time to officially manage them.

> 3) You don't want or can't be involved in all that. Then you could file
> a RFP (Request For Package) against the wnpp pseudo-package, and
> hopefully someone will pick them up, using either way 1) or 2) above.
>
> Maybe you can tell us a bit about these packages: Are they pure perl, or
> do they depend on a C library? Are they easy to maintain?

Ah, I think was a bit unclear before. The packages I mentioned were all
fetched from CPAN and packaged. Some of them I packaged manually, some
through dh-make-perl, which is great although buggy :)

> libconfig-simple-perl_4.55-1.tar.gz

Pure Perl.

> libfile-touch-perl_0.01-2.tar.gz

Pure Perl.

> libio-zlib-perl_1.01-1.tar.gz
> libmath-xor-perl_0.02-1.tar.gz

These are XS. dh-make-perl doesn't do so well with these.

> libperl6-export-perl_0.05-1.tar.gz
> libperl6-form-perl_0.03-1.tar.gz

These are Pure Perl.

Please let me know what you think is the best next course of action...

Regards,

Allard