Re: Automatic generation of Debian-Packages

On Thu, 20 Nov 2003 12:20:53 -0300, Daniel Ruoso <daniel@ruoso.com>
posted to gmane.linux.debian.devel.perl:
 > Ok, as I've seen that no one disagree, I had created a project
 > debian-perl in alioth (which will be aprooved (or not) in 72 hours).

Looks like this is in limbo now because of the security breach on
Debian's servers. But I'm waiting.

In the meantime, here's a quick grep for orphaned lib*perl packages:

 $ lynx -dump -nolist http://www.debian.org/devel/wnpp/orphaned |
 > sed -n -e :t -e '/^[ 	]*\* lib[-a-z]*perl:/!b' -e :l -ep -en \
 >        -e '/^[ 	]*\* /bt' -e bl
      * libapache-requestnotes-perl: Perl module for passing form and
        cookie data around (package info)
      * libastro-fits-cfitsio-perl: Perl extension for using the cfitsio
        library. (package info)
      * libastro-fits-header-perl: Perl tools for reading, modifying and
        writing FITS headers. (package info)
      * libboulder-perl: Perl module for hierarchical tag/value structures
        (package info)
      * libcflow-perl: Perl module for analyzing raw flow files written by
        cflowd (package info)
      * libcgi-formalware-perl: Perl module for converting an XML file
        into a suite of CGI forms (package info)
      * libconfigreader-perl: Perl module for reading config files
        (package info)
      * libcorba-orbit-perl: ORBit module for Perl (package info)
      * libgnome-gnorba-perl: Gnorba module for Perl (package info)
      * libgtk-perl: Perl module for the libgtkxmhtml library. (package
        info)
      * libhttp-ghttp-perl: Perl module for using the Gnome ghttp library
        (package info)
      * libmail-bulkmail-perl: Platform independent mailing list module
        (package info)
      * libnet-patricia-perl: Perl module for fast IP address lookups
        (package info)
      * libopengl-perl: Perl module to display 3D data using OpenGL, GLU,
        GLUT, and GLX (package info)

As you can see, several of these are fairly specialized, and probably
only make sense to adopt if you know something about the domain in
which they are supposed to be used. But for the ones for which you can
expect a substantial user base (and/or which have reverse depends on
something with a substantial user base) it would probably make sense
for your proposed group to adopt them if nobody else already has.

There don't seem to be any RFA packages which match the lib*perl glob
pattern, but of course, many more orphaned and RFA packages are in
fact written in Perl.

/* era */

--
formail -s procmail <http://www.iki.fi/era/spam/ >http://www.euro.cauce.org/